The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 or "LOLER" are set of regulations which came into effect on the 5th of December 1998 replacing all previous regulations on lifting equipment.
The regulations apply to :-
- "Work equipment for lifting or lowering loads" . Work equipment means machinery, appliances, apparatus and tools or installations for use at work.
- Those in control of work equipment such as employers, self employed and employers where employees use their own tools. Also where an employer has some control over equipment e.g. a hired in crane with driver.
LOLER applies wherever the health & safety at work act (1974) applies and is aimed at ensuring that:
- All lifting operations are properly planned and managed
- All lifting equipment is used in a safe manner
- A thorough examination and impartial report must be carried out at least once a year by an Authorised 'competent' person.
Vertical Carousel systems fall under the regulations 1998 (LOLER).
For your information, one of our planned service visits incorporates a thorough examination and provides a report to satisfy this legal requirement.
AUTOSCAN Limited have authorised competent persons, who have appropriate knowledge and experience of the equipment to ensure that a thorough examination is carried out and to provide an impartial report (without fear or favour).
In addition to highlighting the machines location, it’s safe working loads and date of examination, the regulations require us to:
- Identify and describe any part found to have a defect, which is, or could become a danger to persons.
- Detail any repairs, alterations or renewal required to remedy the situation.
- Give an estimated time scale for any defects likely to become a danger to persons.
For more information visit www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg290.pdf
Contact Customer Service and Support
Tel: +44 (0) 115 986 1247